Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Postcard


from Jerry Blackman
to leah stuhltrager
date Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:13 AM
subject RE: DRAFTS & BLOG START...

Thank you for writing back to me.

I've attached a word file with my current CV. And here is a different version of the postcard: I've changed the words around just a bit, and flipped the image. There should still be room for an address, stamp, and postal barcode.

the logo is fine- I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "conceptual consideration". The first drafts to me looked like a tattoo, or a stamp I would get after a leaving a bar so I can get back in. If thats the direction you were going for- then lets go all the way and have a stamp made- stamp it on my skin- and photograph it! Maybe even make it look like dirt from the studio. If not- I guess the existing design isn't so bad.

The other email should be working- I think they were just running some diagnostic tests at that moment- and should be fine now.

About the drawings: I was just worried that with an opening full of people, there being just one sculpture against a wall would feel empty. Drawings, the "scrap sculpture" depicted on the card, another sculpture, or even a print out of this email thread to fill up some of the wall space might be interesting- and would be consistent with the theme of the show.

-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment