Monday, June 8, 2009

Re: Re: Postcard

from jerry@jerryblackman.com
to Leah Stuhltrager
date Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM
subject RE: Touching Base

Okay- I think I have some images of me working in the studio- or can take some. I thought my title, "Weight and waiting" did reference the pieces in the show: weight as in Anchor, and waiting as in waiting for (ideas, inspiration, completion of pieces, setting of materials, etc.) waiting is a huge part of my process- also, there is something about the eyes and rope piece that reads as waiting to me- I understand the concept of show, i.e. artist at work and in the process- so I like your idea for a postcard image. I am a little camera shy- so if my face was half hidden it would be preferable.

If you really don't like "weight and waiting", then "summer session" it is. Easy: same page- I'm there. Also, I agree with that it is way to premature for a press release- I did actually just mean updating that little bit of info on the open call page.
I'll try to get some photos to you ASAP.

-Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment