Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Postcard


from Jerry Blackman
to leah stuhltrager
cc paige king,
rebecca layton
date Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:14 PM
subject RE: DRAFTS & BLOG START...

Hi everyone- hope the weekend treated you well

I think it was really smart to design the card with a wide shot on the front and a close-up on the back. I thought the first and second drafts of the back of the postcard sort of looked as if the return address stamp was a tattoo on the back of my hand- which is why I was so adverse to it. The concept could work maybe, but I wanted to provide more images that might be better. Here are some close-ups with the piece, (in progress), and some with both the piece and my hand. Perhaps these might help. I have larger files if we decide to go in this direction.

Also, lets discuss when and where we can meet to arrange the blog and I also wanted to follow up on an idea that Paige an I discussed: sketchbook drawings on the wall to accompany the sculpture- it seems like that would fit the theme of the show. I don't draw large, and want to keep the process documentation accurate, so I think some framed drawings right out of the book might be really nice.

The Gavin Brown has requested a CV for his show some time this week. I'm not sure if mine is up to speed- or how I should include Summer Session in it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I think I forwarded a version to Leah earlier.

Thanks- till next time
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment